The Lincoln County Public Library recognizes that the cooperative sharing of resources enables libraries to better serve the informational needs of local users. Therefore, the Library requests materials from and supplies materials to other libraries according to lending principles and procedures established in the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States, adopted by the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) in 1994 and revised by the Sharing and Transforming Access to Resources Section (STARS) in 2008. A copy of the ILL Code may be obtained upon request at any Lincoln County Public Library facility. Items that are not owned by and cannot be acquired for the Lincoln County Public Library’s resource collections may be requested through ILL service. Most libraries, including Lincoln County Public Library, will not lend the following:
- Books published within the past twelve months
- Computer software
- Audio/video formats
- Reference volumes
- Materials housed in special collections (i.e. rare, archival, local history, genealogy),
- Fragile or bulky items.
2. Eligibility to borrow
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service is available for general, individual use. ILL cannot be used to support the instructional and academic programs of local schools and colleges. Service requests are accepted in-library, by phone, or e-mail.
- An individual must be a current, registered adult borrower in good standing in order to receive ILL service through the Lincoln County Public Library.
- Children cannot place Interlibrary Loan requests however; their parents can place a request for materials for the children using the parent’s adult card.
- A $5 fee will be charged for each ILL request and must be paid before the request is placed.
- ILL requests will not be processed for cardholders whose loan privileges are suspended due to expired registration, overdue library materials, or the accrual of unpaid fines and fees.
- The Library reserves the right to limit or deny ILL service when circumstances regarding user status warrant such restrictions.
- New library card holders must wait 3 months before placing any ILL requests
There is a $5.00 shipping fee charged before an interlibrary loan request is submitted.